Opening: Aug. 27, 2013 / Closing: Jan. 31, 2014
Eskew+Dumez+Ripple (EDR) is a New Orleans based group of architects, designers and thinkers operating within the fields of architecture, interior environments, research and urban strategies. EDR has created a national reputation for designing projects that are programmatically thoughtful and technically sophisticated as well as cost and resource conscious. Our commitment to enhance and protect both the cultural and natural environments of the communities we serve is evident in the beauty and technical craftsmanship of our designs and the long-term sustainability of our projects. We are currently looking for an Experienced Design Architect to take on a leadership role in our growing New Orleans Based Studio.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- Lead design team in development of concept design through completion of construction for a project.
- Responsible for execution of project working with Project Director and/or Manager
- fluent in English, spoken and written (2nd language is an asset)
- strong conceptual design and idea origination skills
- ability to work independently generating multiple design options for further discussion by the design team
- ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings, 3D models, and other documents relating to the design
- requirement: Revit, V-Ray, Rhino, Adobe Suite, Office Suite
- ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines efficiently and budget time
- ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
- a flexible and open attitude toward a collaborative working style
- great interpersonal communication skills
- has all legal permits and visas required to work in USA
- professional degree in architecture
- minimum 5-10 years of experience in a Design focused role
- experience on built and published projects
- Architectural License and/or LEED certification are assets
In addition to an aptitude for design and superior problem-solving, candidates must be highly motivated, have the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment and possess a willingness to assume both project-wide and office-related design leadership responsibility.
Please send your CV and portfolio with references as a PDF (no larger than 5MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enclosed letters of recommendation are welcome as well. No phone calls will be accepted.