Trahan Architects, an award-winning design firm, has received international and national acclaim for work that is at once intensely personal, historically grounded and aesthetically sublime. Our projects share a high level of technological sophistication coupled with a sense of quiet beauty. The firm often combines research into emerging materials and construction with an intense connection to history, place and culture, creating projects that feel simultaneously rooted and contemporary. The work of the firm has been published in more than 20 countries and we have won 3 national AIA Honor awards as well as numerous state and regional awards. Selected as one of only three practices in the Architectural Review Award for Emerging Architecture in 2005, the firm continues its exploration of artistry and invention. Our current focus involves the intensification of expressive language in our work while extending the development of a timeless language.
What We Are Offering:
- “Intern Architect” position in our New Orleans office
What We Are Looking For:
- A professional architectural degree is required
- Full-time intern with one to three years of design and execution experience
- Responsible for technical design aspects of an assigned project including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions
- Strong ability to develop and articulate design concepts in a collaborative environment
- Experience in providing architectural consultation in the planning, design and coordination of projects
- Experience in decision making on design problems and methods
- Experience in executing tasks requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures
- Proficiency in Revit, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite is required. Experience with Autocad, Parametric Modeling [Grasshopper] and Maya is desireable.
- Computer rendering experience with VRay is desireable.
- Experience with modeling tools such as 3D printers and laser cutters is preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communications capabilities
- Strong, positive references
- In order to be considered for employment, all applicants must show proof of US citizenship or authorization to work in the United States
What's In It For You:
- Challenging work within an award-winning design-focused practice
- Opportunities for exploration in form, function, and materiality
- Collaboration with a team in search of design excellence
- Creation of work that is simultaneously timeless and forward-looking
- Developing a range of challenging project types nationally and internationally
Take a look at our website; www.trahanarchitects.com
Qualified candidates should submit, by email, a letter of interest including a resume and samples of previous work. Materials should be in PDF format, in a single file if possible, and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send links to websites or other online files or your application will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.