We are seeking an extraordinary individual to direct its business development efforts. The person we are looking for may hold a comparable position at another firm and be intrigued by the idea of shifting their base to New Orleans, or may hold a more junior position but be looking for greater responsibility. In either case, we are looking for someone to help a firm recognized nationally for the quality and performance of its designs win great commissions locally, nationally, and internationally.
The selected individual will work directly with firm leadership to identify prospects, build relationships, assemble teams, and pursue opportunities, working with and providing leadership for our Marketing & Public Relations Manager and our Communications Design Manager.
- In concert with the Partners and Principals, establish the overall BD strategy/vision, set goals and direction, and define targets. Responsible for ensuring that strategy is implemented.
- Develop and implement specific business development, lead development, client development and project capture strategies
- Direct market research to include industry trends, background on potential clients and monitor the competitive marketplace staying abreast of industry changes and trends
- Continuously cultivate and maintain positive relationships with sources for lead generation
- Maintain active participation in relevant professional organizations to promote the Firm
- Represent the Firm at key industry events, conferences, market specific meetings, etc.
- Develop annual business development/marketing plan and determine firm resources required for implementation.
- Promote an awareness among all staff of their role in business development
- Liaise with other firms/consultants regarding team partnering opportunities
- Review proposals, brochures and related communication pieces as needed
- Devise strategies that will lead to successful marketing efforts and help to define criteria for “go/no-go” decisions
- Work with firm leadership when requested on interview content and related strategies; may also be available to observe and critique presentation/content/format
- Oversee the work carried out by the Marketing & Public Relations Manager and the Communications Design Manager.
- Assist in the implementation of a PR/communications program that supports the Firm’s brand, image and strategic goals. This plan will include: press releases, publications and article placement, design competitions and awards, speaking engagements and support of key community and professional organizations
- Gather market/competitor intelligence that translates into effective positioning of the Firm
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience directing or helping direct business development/marketing and communications programs in the A/E/C industry
- Proven success in developing new markets and clients while maintaining a high percentage of existing clients and their business
- Excellent client management, presentation and communication (written/verbal) skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit and experience in capturing and producing projects
- Outstanding negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen and professional demeanor that enables this person to interact with the highest levels both inside and outside the Firm
- Clear approach to problem solving and good decision-making
- Comfortable managing the efforts of marketing support staff
- Highly motivated, passionate and winning attitude
- Follow through in a consistent manner
- Proficiency with Customer Relationship Management software (such as Cosential) and familiarity with standard graphical design software (such as Adobe Creative Suite).
- Willing to travel as required
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Sean McBride at SMcBride@gainesintl.com. No phone calls, please.